Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS: Text in body creates whitespace in footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ELStrauc

CSS: Text in body creates whitespace in footer. I have a site that I used a blue header, blue nav left nav right, blue footer and a white body. When I add text to the body, it moves the footer down and creates a white space. For the navleft and nav right the height is 600px. I have tried to remove that and add auto, but that did not work, in fact, nothing I have tried has worked. The page is here: http://websitehosting1.com/Tutorials.html I am trying to create these tutorials for my customers who want to learn to create websites. I also have the css doc up there for them if you need to see it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

EL S.

grimslayer
    Participant

Hi ELStrauc. I have taken a look at your css and the reason why this is happening is because of the height of left and right columns are pushing the footer down, not quite sure how to get around this. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will be able to help you out.

ELStrauc

Hi GS, yes…I thought about that too. So far nothing has worked. I appreciate the comment though. E.

jacorre
    Participant

You may want to try using a repeating background image within a wrapper to give the effect of two sidebar columns. They will show as far as the content area goes.

ELStrauc

JC, that is a good idea. I know it can be done another way as well. If no one else responds that knows how to correct this insignificant, yet highly annoying issue, I will give that a try. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.