Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS styles needed to make this list-style none?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Crssp
    Participant

Can’t seem to figure out how to get the styles to remove the bullet’s within the lists in the content of the page here:
    http://goo.gl/4T4QBd
    Perplexed me for hours, not sure what the problem is, tried oodles of code, nothing’s working. I’m using the List Category Post wordpress plugin, and trying to apply the css in an override stylesheet within the theme.

Something like this but who knows…?
    ul#lcp_instance_0.lcp_catlist {
    list-style-type: none !important;
    }
    #lcp_instance_0.lcp_catlist li {
    list-style-type: none !important;
    margin-top: 42px !important;
    }

Shikkediel
    Participant

I don’t see that style with dev tools. It should work just fine. Maybe the issue is with a server side cache refresh?

jkinney768
    Participant

It’s because you’re targeting the wrong CSS property. If you use your inspector, you’ll see the list style is coming from line 38 of your theme’s stylesheet:

ul {
    list-style: disc;
    }

And since you were doing list-style-type instead of list-style, it wasn’t working. There isn’t anything specific about the CSS selector, so you should just be able to target the class of that list…

.lcp_catlist {
        list-style: none;
    }

Crssp
    Participant

I tried that elegant and simple solution, but seems not to work.
    Also having the problem on this live election results page: :(
    http://goo.gl/FMBkoe

Still no luck, funny thing is, I think initially on the election page, the bullets were not showing up, not sure when they appeared.
    I’m wondering of the Theme’s override stylesheet is loading after the List Category posts styles, like it should too.
    In that case my override stylesheet would never work.
    After hours of battling css, you wind up with getting just crazy with the coding, and it’s usually something simple.

Shikkediel
    Participant

What is the file called where to custom CSS resides? Again, I see nothing even being overridden. Appreciating jkinney768’s input, I don’t see how writing shorthand would make a difference. Using list-style-type should target the correct property value as well.

Crssp
    Participant

The styles are showing at the bottom of this stylesheet, added by the themes options on line #61
    http://goo.gl/JJFWRR

For the plugin something is showing up all the way down on line 875, not exactly sure, how this effects the output, for sure.
    <link rel=’stylesheet’ id=’lcp_paginator-css’ href=’/wp-content/plugins/list-category-posts//lcp_paginator.css’ type=’text/css’ media=’all’ />

The plugin also mention PHP templates, so not sure how to actually ‘style’ the plugin itself, there is no stylesheet for it, or I would hack it directly.

Shikkediel
    Participant

It turns out to be a typo in the previous style on line 350 :

div.header-top-marquee .marquee-wrapper a {
      color: #FFFFFF;
      font-size: 15px;

Missing a closing bracket so the rest is never parsed…

Crssp
    Participant

Dude, will check on that, had a feeling, there was possibly a missing bracket or some syntax error.

Thanks.

Crssp
    Participant

Thanks for sticking w/ me @Shikkediel
    When I started tinkering with the list style spacing, I removed a line of code from line 351 probably, and from there on nothing was working.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, had a feeling there was some sort of error, as none of the CSS whatsoever was having any effect.

The List Category Post is a wonderful plugin.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Cheers, glad it got solved.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.