Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript CSS-Stylable vertical tabs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tobi
    Participant

Hi
    I’m looking for a sort of vertical tabs that are completely styleable via CSS.
    Basically what I want to do is have a (long) list of product names on the left side and when you click on one name, the picture of the product appears to the right.
    I have not found a single slideshow that enables that kind of behavior in an easy way.

Anybody know of such a plug-in or would it be easier to program it myself? In which case some direction-pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks for any tips! Have a nice day!

Paulie_D

I’m not sure a ‘slideshow’ is what you are after.

Sounds to me more like you need a filterable gallery or something.

Tobi
    Participant

Thanks Paulie_D, I guess this could be done with a filterable gallery. But it’s way too big a thing for what I’m actually looking for.
    All i want is basically a Script that lets me click on item x of list 1 an then in return shows item x of list 2, hiding all other items of list 2.
    I can’t believe I haven’t found hundreds of scripts online doing such a thing. So I’m thinking probably I’m searching for the wrong words or something, since english isn’t my main language as you can tell.

Paulie_D

since english isn’t my main language as you can tell.

Not really…it’s probably better than mine.

However…this

All i want is basically a Script that lets me click on item x of list 1 an then in return shows item x of list 2, hiding all other items of list 2.

is not the same as this

when you click on one name, the picture of the product appears to the right.

Paulie_D

However, although this small example is horizontal it sort of achieves your original request…I think.

http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/b7651744dd89e0daf8e09ba68022fa09

Tobi
    Participant

Thanks a lot Paulie_D! That is almost what I was looking for and I think I can twitch it so that it will do as I want it to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.