Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Sprite background repeat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    persianlity

hi,
    Background image repeat-x Or y not work for me.
    HTML :

CSS :

#box{width:220px; height: 230px; margin:0 auto; }
    #box .t {width:220px;height:40px; margin:0 auto;background-image:url(../images/main.png) ;background-position:0 0; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #box .m {width:220px;height:180px; margin:0 auto;background:url(../images/main.png) repeat-x 0 -40px;} */repeat-y */
    #box .b {width:220px;height:10px; margin:0 auto;}

This Printed only background of m class without repeat-x or y . How To Fix This ? this type of writing css for sprite is optimized?

Thanks.

Senff
    Participant

You have an example where we can look at this?

persianlity
    Senff
    Participant

It doesn’t show vertical repetition because the box is 180 pixels high and the image is 300 pixels high, so you won’t see the next instance.

If I understand correctly what you’re trying to do: you can’t take an area of a sprite, apply it to a box as the background and have (only) that area repeated — it will repeat the entire sprite image.

persianlity

Sorry Senff! In Fact, My Mean Is repeat-y . in repeat-y not repeat blue border of 180px height div.

Senff
    Participant

Again, it will not repeat-y (vertically) because the box is 180 pixels high and the image is 300 pixels high. That, and the fact that you have it commented out in your CSS.

persianlity

main image for all images of pages! is not Only for this box. all image sprite in main image 220*300. now i need to border of left and right of m(class) with images (sprite 0 -40). now how to work sprite for my mean .
    Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.