Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    hmartin_art

Today I was told by a job recruiter that my css on my website is off. When I made the header and footer wrappers repeatable along x, they started to have the text on a black background instead of the what the wrappers were suppose to be when it got smaller. So what am I doing wrong? The body rule does not have a width so I dont understand why it is doing this. I am not a hard coder, I’m trying to learn how to code.

jamygolden

Do you have a link to the problem?

hmartin_art

No, unfortunately I delated the new css file that I had. But I will recreate it and upload it and the post the link here. I am not sure if there is anything you can do about because I have seen this problem on a couple of sites.

robst

Yeah, a link would be really helpful. :) That’s really weird…I’ve never had a job recruiter point that kind of thing out to me before. I always thought recruiters were just that…recruiters! Didn’t think they knew web design/development! That’s weird.

hmartin_art

http://heatheramartin.com/about.html That is the link, the only page that looks right is the home. The reason why he knows about web and design is because he has been designing for 9 years. He is a design job recruiter.

TheDoc

Maybe I don’t see the problem? Both your HTML and CSS validate (well done!) and I can’t quite follow the description of the problem, so everything looks fine to me.

hmartin_art

I you make your browser smaller, the header and footer will start to cut off. This is for people that have smaller computer screens or is viewing this website on a phone or a tablet. (sorry guys I have OCD when it comes to design, my teachers demanded perfection out of me so I became this way).

TheDoc

Other than your wrapper being a little wide (1000px), I see nothing wrong with anything that you’ve done.

mshort1985

I don’t see anything wrong either, a horizontal scroll appears if your browser width is too small to view the entire page but other than that nothing is wrong. Mabye if you want people on smaller browsers like tablets and iPhones to be able to view it properly you will need to use Media Queries.

hmartin_art

sl1dr that is what I am talking about once the horizontal bar comes up when you scroll to the right the vertical strips start to get cut off.

wolfcry911
    Participant

just give the header a min-width equal to the content within (the wrapper is 1000px so make the header min-width the same).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.