Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Positioning in IE and a few other issues – badly need help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sadhana

Hi all,

I’m not a web designer at all, but just used what info i could find on the internet to develop my own markup code for my website…i managed to design a fully working site for Chrome and Safari. But Firefox, Opera and IE are driving me crazy.

On Firefox and Opera, my only problem at this moment is that the links to the right are not displaying on some of the pages (Introduction, Scales Section 1, Notation, Performance, and Simple Songs) even though I’ve used the very same CSS code for every single page.

On IE, in addition to the above problem, there are thousands of other problems. my CSS seems to be one big mess and I have no idea how to fix it. What I need is:

1. to stretch the background image to fill the screen, and not to scroll with the text.
    2. for the header and footer images to also display properly and not scroll with the text.
    3. for the content (including text, images and embedded audios/videos) to scroll vertically against the background and in-between the header and footer images, in its specified horizontal area.
    4. for all the links to be displayed in their specified area on the right of the page, and not to scroll with the text…

I’d really appreciate any hints/tips/help anyone here can provide!!

Thanks a bunch!
    Sadhana

sadhana

Oh, sorry, here’s my website:

http://www.raag-hindustani.com/

takeiteasy04

For starters, it’s always a good idea to run it through the validator. A broken tag or some incorrect syntax can screw everything up.

sadhana

will try that. Thanks for the tip!

sadhana

You were right. Fixing my broken tags fixed most of my problems and now the website seems to be working well in all browsers except IE. I’m still struggling a bit with IE… especially can’t figure out why the top and bottom images won’t display…

sadhana

Hi Hompimpa,

Thank you for the message and sorry for the late response…

Actually, I have tried several versions of IE, and of course IE6 is the worst of the lot, but none of the newer ones are perfect either. With IE8 and later versions, the fixed positioning seems to be working fine, but the header and footer images, which I have positioned so the text scrolls under them (zindex: 100) won’t display.

View Your text to link… on IE and then view it on some other browser and you’ll know what I’m saying…

Any suggestions as to what I could do to fix this? Would truly, truly appreciate it!! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.