Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS positioning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrmaroo

Hi my name is Peter and I am a junior web designer in the UK, I wish to ask for some help with a current site I have just built? The site content has large background images and a navigation bar at the bottom. I used the example article on the CSS tricks to build my pages

https://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page … und-image/

However, I seem to have an issue with the positioning of my menu strip at the bottom of the page, the transparency is fine and all looks positioned well in FF IE CHROME, OPERA and SAFARI etc I do have a problem with the pages in IE 6 and below. Please can someone guide me in the right direction for the transparent strip to be in the correct position in IE 6 – below?

I am very new to CSS and HTML so any help would be really appreciated, many thanks for your help and support.
    my site is

http://www.bluestonedesign.co.uk/

Kindest regards

Peter

matt25
    Participant

I don’t have IE6 on this computer so I can’t see the problem and am just going on what you have described.
    IE6 doesn’t support transparent images I don’t need to repeat ways of overcoming this problem so just do a search on the web for IE6 transparency or here on css-tricks
    for the positioning, easiest way is to use an IE6 and below style sheet where there is a great artical for here
    hope that helps
    Matt

mrmaroo
    "matt25" wrote:
    I don’t have IE6 on this computer so I can’t see the problem and am just going on what you have described.
    IE6 doesn’t support transparent images I don’t need to repeat ways of overcoming this problem so just do a search on the web for IE6 transparency or here on css-tricks
    for the positioning, easiest way is to use an IE6 and below style sheet where there is a great artical for here
    hope that helps
    Matt

Hi Matt, thank you so much for the help, your time is really appreciated. I will try the CSS styles for IE6, Kindest regards and a Happy new Year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.