Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS on padding

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nikolailu
    Participant

Hi, sorry this is gonna be a super easy question for you guys, but honestly I’ve searched tons online and I can’t figure out a way to do this

I need to shrink padding on my forums page, I am using wordpress avada theme, I can just input additional css into settings there so it overrides all other css files.
    Google Chrome gives these parameters:

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum, #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    font-size: 14px;
    padding: 13px 20px 13px 30px;
    }

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum, #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    border-top: 1px solid #eee;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 8px;
    }

I need to shrink those padding pixels, I’ve tried everything from the general #bbpress-forums , to that + the divs and lis (eg: #bbpress-forums .bbp-body (etc), and nothing seems to work
    I can’t find a good tutorial on youtube either so i can learn how to decide what to input (what level of div etc) to make custom css

Please help

lydenyardley
    Participant

If you still need help, let me have the page URL, and I’ll take a look.

nikolailu
    Participant

Yep, I still can’t figure it out, i’ve tried all combinations, I just dont know what to put before the

?? { padding:0;
    }

Here’s the page: https://nikolai-lu.com/forums/
    But I need it to reflect on individual forum pages also, for example: https://nikolai-lu.com/forums/forum/ohp/

LearnTheNew
    Participant

It’s all to be change the padding. Then you have placed those classes in bbpress functions also. i think you made changes in CSS style sheet in WordPress editor. but these things have to be changed in CSS style sheet and apply those classes in bbpress functions.php files also.

nikolailu
    Participant

The placing is not a problem I think, as I input them into Avada css override section in the settings of the theme, I’ve placed all other css things there. I also css’ed another paramter from bbpress and it was fine.

I simply dont know what to put in the ?? part, as I tried many things but its not working (I assume because I’m putting wrong things in as i’m literally not knowledgable about css at all, but i been watching videos hopefully i can figure it out)

lydenyardley
    Participant

Thanks for sharing the links @nikolailu. It seems that you were doing the right thing. Using Chrome’s DevTools, I was able to update those styles with the following CSS:

#bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.forum,
    #bbpress-forums li.bbp-body ul.topic {
    padding: 1em;
    }

If this is what you’ve put into your site’s area for custom CSS and it’s still not working, there are a couple of likely scenarios:

1. Your site is being cached and you need to manually clear the cache so that your new CSS gets picked up
    2. Something else. In which case, you can try adding !important. E. g: padding: 1em !important;

I hope this helps!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.