Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS multiple background images issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ankitr
    Participant

Hello people,
    I’ve just started working on a website http://rkdeaf.com/main.php and got a bit of an issue with the backgroud images.

I am using multiple backgrounds (gradient for the banner and the peacock pattern) to achieve what i’ve got on the first page with the pattern sitting right under the menu. However, when i test it out on other pages it seems to be moving down depending on the amount of content availbale on them.

I was wondering if any of you could help me out on this or suggest other ways of achieveing this result? I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks

noahgelman
    Participant

That’s because you’re using “center center” to position it so more content.”center center” doesn’t refer to the center of the screen, but the center of the body and the body get’s longer when there’s more content. What you need to do is go “center 250px” or something like that. The first “center” will position it in the middle horizontally, and then the pixel value will move it down from the top of the page. Since the px amount is a static number, it’ll stay in the same spot every time.

250px is an estimate. Do some calculating to some guess work to get it where you want it

ankitr
    Participant

Alright i get it now, made the changes and it’s working perfectly fine.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.