Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    margaux
    Participant

I’m reworking a site to make it responsive and having a few issues. On [this page](http://www.nuttyladyltd.co.uk/about.html “this page”), the nested lists below the image slider are not displaying correctly – no matter how many items I put in the last one always jumps down to the next line. This happens if I have 2 items in the list or 6. Ideally I will have 4 items and they should all be on the same line.

And on [this page](http://www.nuttyladyltd.co.uk/indexV2.html “”) the #products div is not being centred as the window resizes. I’m not sure what is going wrong – any suggestions? Thanks.

pmac627
    Participant

Using Firebug, I gave the .markets class style on your stylesheet a width and it put all 4 on the same line.

Your #productsWrap style doesn’t seem to exist on the stylesheet. Make it and add:

text-align: center;

Senff
    Participant

Fof the first issue: give the first-level LI’s in the UL “marketName” a width in pixels, not in percentages (currently 2%, and 1% for the last child).

margaux
    Participant

Thanks for the replies.

@pmac627
    – what width did you set .markets to? when I set it to 100%, it put all four list items on the same line, but the full list was not centered.

@Senff
    – the percentages are set for margin-right. If I give them a fixed pixel width, then will they re-size as the window resizes?

Senff
    Participant

@margaux : sorry, that’s what I meant. Change the right margins from percentages to pixels and I believe that should do the trick.

pmac627
    Participant

@margaux – I just picked 600px because I knew it was large enough. Preferably, you would want to use a width that very closely fit what you wanted. Anything larger might keep you off center.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.