Normally I am pretty good at figuring stuff like this out but after a week I have to cry uncle. I am working on a project at http://defytheflydev.amazingrake.com. A little background was originally upon a drupal theme called St Conch. That seemed to work across all browsers when I tested it 8 mos ago. I left this project to somebody else continued work on it as I was occupied on another job. When I came back the site was not working in IE < 9 I have done some adjustments but there is one that is defeating me. The page footer jump up to the level of the slide show and there is a go green logo that is repositioning. This works fine in Firefox and IE9. Every thing I have tried has thus far not worked. The slide show seems to be the problem. This was identified by removing elements till things started to look correct. There was a slideshow in the original theme so I have not a clue what he did to break it. It is important that this get fixed as soon as possible as the other person had already gone live. If I could find the problem I know which files to go to to fix it but I need to know what to fix.