Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Image Thumbnail Help In WordPress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    troypoint
    Participant

Hello, I am having problems with Avada Theme and Sensei learning plugin.

Can someone help me align my thumbnails left of post in this example?

http://www.fireunleashed.com/modules/fire-tvstick-setup/?course_id=11826

Thank you.

Beverleyh
    Participant

The thumbnails are already on the left (of the title, length and complexity) at the page URL you posted.

Have you fixed it already? OR, if you mean something else can you clarify/post an illustration of how it’s supposed to look.

Atelierbram
    Participant

On larger screens, the second image doesn’t clear the content above, which can be fixed with clear: left:

.alignleft {
      /* display: inline; <- this can be removed: floated elements are always block-elements */
      float: left;
      margin-right: 15px;
      clear: left;
    }

troypoint
    Participant

Thanks for your help! This now appears good on most modules but please take a look at this one where the first image is showing up on the second lesson.

http://www.fireunleashed.com/modules/gaming/?course_id=11826

The first image that you see should be left of “Install Nintendo/Super…..”.

I am assuming that this is a wrapping problem as there is a sidebar and when image is left of that, it is getting pushed down? The title is so long that it is probably pushing the image down?

If it would help, I don’t need that sidebar but don’t have code to get rid of it. Or, if there is a way to do the wrapping thing, that would be great.

Thank you for your help! Please let me know how I can send you a donation for your time. Much appreciated!!!!

Atelierbram
    Participant

I suppose this can be done with floating the header to the right.

.has-sidebar .entry {
      overflow: auto;
    }

.has-sidebar .entry > header {
      float: right;
      max-width: 545px;
    }

But you also probably want this to be in a media-query, and that’s where things get more complicated …

If it would help, I don’t need that sidebar but don’t have code to get rid of it.

This makes me wonder about your editing process, but anyway, because this is WordPress, you can edit the template for this page (have to find it first though), or if this is a widget, remove it from the Dashboard -> Appearance -> widgets

troypoint
    Participant

Thanks for your help! This now places image below title of post, but that is fine.

http://www.fireunleashed.com/modules/how-to-install-kodi-builds-best-addons/?course_id=11826

troypoint
    Participant

Can you please send me your email address at [email protected]? Would like to send you a donation for your time. Thank you.

Atelierbram
    Participant

Would like to send you a donation for your time. Thank you.

Glad to be of help but it’s fine as it is, and I don’t think we do that over here, cheers ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.