Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Image Effects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Newbie_HTML
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here and fairly new to CSS and HTML and I need your expert advice.

I am working on modifying a WordPress theme and i’m trying to remove an image effect when the mouse hovers over the image. The element needs to be 100% width and large enough to have the title sit on top of it. However there is an effect that shrinks the element. I need to find a way of stopping this but I can’t find the class or how best to do this.

The site: http://testenvironment-wel.co.uk/

As you can see I have other images that have titles but these are done in photoshop, and not the correct way to structure a website.

Any help is hugely appreciated!!

Paulie_D

Which images /effects are you referring to specifically…theres a lot going on here.

Newbie_HTML
    Participant

Hi Paulie_D

I’m not sure how to post a screen shot.

It’s the [Sectors – Clients – Projects] which is just above the case study slider.
    If you hover of the images a little red line is present under the title. I need it to stop the effect and to be larger and behind the title. similar to the images which I made in photoshop further up (i.e. Mechanical Services, Electrical Services…etc).

I hope this makes more sense?

Paulie_D

Hmm…looks like you’ve managed to figure most of it out.

You now only need to use an RGBA color instead of a hex value to change the opacity/color of the “stripe”.

Newbie_HTML
    Participant

Hi Paulie,

I have finally figured it out, however I’ve now broken something else in the process lol :(

The image slider below those images has now shrunk it should be 1310px width but its stuck at 1170px any ideas?

Paulie_D

Looks as though the image size is hardcoded at 1170 px. Can’t think why anything you have done would have affected that.

That width is baked into the HTML

Newbie_HTML
    Participant

Hi Paulie,

I did have this width stretched the other day but through making changes it has gone back to 1140px

I’ve changed the images to be 1310px but this hasn’t made a difference to the slider width.

Any ideas on how this can be stretched out to be inline with the images above it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.