Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS – How to get Div ID "header" to point to slideshow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Province1ake
    Participant

I want to redirect a Div ID “header” to an image rotator. I have changed the css url to redirect to a href:// image-rotator, I have tried to place the code within the web page and nothing happens. I don’t want to completely redo the layout unless absolutely necessary. Thanks for any help.

Paulie_D

Without code we can’t do much…a minimal Codepen demo would be preferred.

Also a little more clarity would be nice on what the precise problem is you are having.

Province1ake
    Participant

I dont know if this is sufficient code to explain. I tried to change the header within css so that other elements of the header did not move.

This is current code.
    #header11 {
    background: url(images/header11.jpg) no-repeat 250px 152px;
    position: relative;
    height: 566px; }

This is what I tried – (not sure if this is possible):
    #header12{
    background: url(a href=”http://www.someplaceelse./NC2016/image-rotator/image-rotator.html” 250px 152px;)
    position: relative;
    height: 566px;}

Paulie_D

Well this is an incorrect syntax to start

background: url(a href=”http://www.someplaceelse./NC2016/image-rotator/image-rotator.html” 250px 152px;)

You can’t put an anchor link in a background.

Like I said before “Also a little more clarity would be nice on what the precise problem is you are having.”

What is it you are trying to do?

Whisky
    Participant

the way you use background: is incorrect to begin with.
    It should be as following:

#header12 {
        background:transparent url('../path/to/image.png') no-repeat 250px 152px scroll;
    }

Also.. The background you link to is a .HTML file and not an image file..
    As Paulie is saying, please provide a working example of the problem via CodePen or JSFiddle.

Province1ake
    Participant

Thanks for your help and time. I think what I will do is just dump the idea and redo the header instead of trying to make the current code work.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.