Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    thedudeman

Morning all, well its morning for me, I stay in South Africa.

Well this whole CSS thing is new to me, so forgive me if i come across sounding like and idiot :)

I have 2 problems, the first, the layout works and looks 100% in IE but when you move over to FF the table that is centered in IE is floating on the left in FF. The second problem is that i cant work out the menu rollover states, you will see my image has 3 images, as Chris’s screencast suggested… maybe i am overseeing something minor…

Cool and finally if there are any suggestions to making this layout better any any way shape or form, it would be greatly appreciated… even if its letting me know that i am on the right track. :)

*edit – suppose a link would help hey… http://wazza.byethost5.com/

Cool
    peace and love
    thedudeman

thedudeman

@ Edwin…

Thanks for the help man… you say you dont recommend tables, for my example what you suggest i use in place of tables to showcase the images?

Thanks again for the help man…

@ Chriss from CSS-Tricks, thanks for the awesome site and the quality community you have produced here, one doesn’t feel intimated to showcase there work and ask for assistance. :D

Work on your design some. The chair is kind of separated from the rest of the page and the overall feel is a little harsher and darker than I would like the website where I am staying at to be.

koewnet

Another thing is this: When using navigational tabs, you should put an ID or class on the currently selected tab. When the page loaded, and I saw the tabs, I wondered which page I was currently at. Then I clicked on Bedroom nothing happened to the site, since it was the site I was currently at.

Check out CSS-tricks’ own navigation tabs (at top) and you’ll see what I mean. You can clearly see that we’re at the FORUMS-page.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.