Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS help for responsive web design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Strapman
    Participant

I’m new to web development, but I do understand the importance of RWD with mobile use on the rise. I have some basic knowledge of html, but not much experience with CSS.

I have some single column websites that I want to make responsive. They are pretty basic: images, paragraphs that include links, and a few images as links as well. I’m already using the following <meta> tags:

<meta name=”viewport” content=”minimum-scale=0″>
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”user-scalable=yes”>
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”target-densitydpi=device-dpi”>
    <meta name=”viewport” content=”width=device-width, initial-scale=1″>

And I just read I should use this to make the images responsive:

img {
    max-width: 100%;
    height: auto;
    }

I’m just not sure how I’d make the text responsive as well. I’ve heard it’s not good practice to use device specific pixel widths. I’ve just learned about the “em” unit, but most of the resources that talk about it are for sites more complex than mine, and involve doing a bunch of math. I just want the entire page to re-size based on the user’s device. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Strapman
    Participant

Thank you! That is a relief. I thought I was going to have to start using em units, and that would have been a headache to learn. I was worried about my images scaling properly, but now they are. This was all I needed it seems. Much appreciated!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.