Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Armannn
    Participant

Hello guys! I am new here and I’d like to ask for help. I need some help with CSS code. I made a concept of how I’d like to make my profile on a specific site:

When you click on the Back button, you’ll be redicted to the page you were previously. When you click on “Column1”, a div class called “Column1” (from HTML) appears in a popup. When you click on “Column2”, in a popup, div called “Column2” wil appear. The same with Column3 button. I don’t have any idea how to do that since I don’t know (almost) anything about CSS especially not making popups. Can you please help me?

Paulie_D

What have you done so far?

Could you put something in Codepen?

Armannn
    Participant

> Posted by Paulie_D
    >
    > What have you done so far?
    >
    > Could you put something in Codepen?

Right now, I only have done the Search button(it’s animated, when you move the cursor over it, it opens from itself). Here’s the link for the code. NOTE: I’d like to do the most of things in CSS (less HTML).

Paulie_D

CSS can only style elements that exist in the HTML.

The elements have to exist before CSS can affect them as such, the Codepen doesn’t help much. Can you add in the HTML?

Your basic requirements would also see to indicate that at least some small amount of javascript will be required.

Armannn
    Participant

> Posted by Paulie_D
    >
    > CSS can only style elements that exist in the HTML.
    >
    > The elements have to exist before CSS can affect them as such, the Codepen doesn’t help much. Can you add in the HTML?
    >
    > Your basic requirements would also see to indicate that at least some small amount of javascript will be required.

Well, it’s not really Javascript since I’d like to make something like this only with 3 images (Column1,2,3), “Back Button” like here and all other things I can do by my own (since I know how to do it). But I don’t know how to do that. It can be some HTML (as it must, of course) but appearing popups, style of the popup (or whatever it is) should be CSS.

Paulie_D

The pop-ups will still have to be HTML…so you’d need to create those too and then style them.

Apart from a very hacky option, if you want things to happen with a click then JS will need to be used.

Hover effects won’t need JS but you’ll still need HTML & CSS.

Like I said, let’s see some HTML and CSS and we’ll be happy to help you with the hard bits or specific effects.

Armannn
    Participant

> Posted by Paulie_D
    >
    > The pop-ups will still have to be in HTML…so you’d need to create those too and then style them.
    >
    > Apart from a very hacky option, if you want things to happen with a click then JS will need to be used.
    >
    > Hover effect won’t need JS but you’ll still need HTML & CSS.
    >
    > Like I said, let’s see some HTML and CSS and we’ll be happy to help you with the hard bits or specific effects.

Well, here’s the link for the HTML code (NOTE: It contains only things which will be added to my profile on the site I want to edit so the original site’s design will be hidden with “display:none” code in CSS). This is the link for CSS code and this is how it looks on the site (for now-I didn’t hide anything on the site).

Armannn
    Participant

So, it can be done?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.