Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS header

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    newtocss

Hi all and heads up to the admin of this site, its great and useful.

I am not really new to CSS, but I have picked many bad habits while learning it the wrong way.

Anyways, this is my issue
    I have designed a simple layout in photoshop, everything is perfect now. But the problem is with the header, when I am converting it to xHTML/css does it have to be the same size? Example,

Header is in photoshop is 900px width and about 70px height, so does it have to be the same size in css? I have tried repeating but that didn’t solve the problem. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks

dcp3450
    Participant

to set an image:

#header
    {
    background: "transparent or color" url("location of image") repeat on or off location x location y;
    height: image height you want displayed;
    width: image width you want display;
    }

example:

#header
    {
    background: transparent url(impages/header.png) no-repeat top left;
    height: 900px;
    width: 70px;
    }

newtocss

Thanks guys for the fast reply, I didn’t know I will get a reply so fast.

My question seems confusing, let me break it up. This is my css code for the header,

#header{
    height: 150px;
    background-image: url(Untitled-1.gif);

}
    I was just wondering about the size really, but after I checked couple of websites, I saw some of them use full background image for the header and some use small image and they just repeat it. In my case I will be using the first option cause i can’t repeat it.

Again, thanks guys

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.