Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS hand animation on hover, stop and playback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    joepk
    Participant

Hey Guys,

I made quite a challenge of my business website. I have this hand which appears behind a element when you hover on the background and it needs to stay put until you hover off the background. The hand is actually a hint to let people know they can swipe the area to read more about me.

The gif animation you can see here is made with flash and then exported to GIF. It hasn’t got those nice chiseled edges because of exporting. Actually I need a PNG sequence to make a really long sprite that will be controlled with CSS. The only thing with the flash file is that I have put the hand in a movieclip to enlarge it, which now shows no animating hand when exported as a GIF.

So I went looking for a SWF to PNG exporter, Oh the drama… There is a damn bunch of crap on the internet if you search for any converter. So far no luck finding a decent one.

Either I have to find a way to get a good quality PNG sequence with a decent converter or create the hand with purely css technique.

But the ultimate solution would be to create the hand purely with css shapes.
    I might look into that and experiment with it. Adobe edge has nice features, probably the best for me…

I’d like to hear the idea’s from others here for techniques on how to solve this animation.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.