Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS Fluid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anony999
    Participant

Hi

I have a Joomla Website with a CSS Template, its not fluid

I deally i would like to have the website fluid as per your article min, max browser width for 90% best viewing

What code would i need to add to the css to accomplish this ?

Cheers

Dave

TheDoc

Definitely not a simple fix – requires rewriting a lot of the CSS and a ton of testing.

Anony999
    Participant

Really, a complete rewrite :-(

That’s not good, I was hoping for something simple :-(

Any like a challenge ? :-) !!!!

andrew_wilkerson
    Participant

I have a similar question. I am trying to create a 5 column fluid layout. That is pretty easy to do using percentages. The trick is that I need 4 of the columns to be a fixed dimension. And the 5th column to expand to fill the rest of the space.

I have tried using percentages with min/max-width. That worked in fixing the dimensions of the four columns, but it doesn’t force the 5th column to fill all the existing space.

I am using float:left to keep everything in horizontal alignment. I am using relative positioning as of now I don’t have the columns in a container div. But if I need to I can put them into a container div.

Any suggestions?

I am a CSS noob. I am a designer that is trying to learn CSS so that I can create working mock-ups.

Thanks,

andrew_wilkerson
    Participant

Should I do that if columns 1, 3, 4, and 5 need to be fixed and column 2 is the one that I want expand and contract with browser width?

Anony999
    Participant

Anyone want to have a bash at my CSS ? :-) !!!

Or give me some 90% pointer ;-)

andrew_wilkerson
    Participant

I will give your suggestion a try as soon as I get a chance! The reason that I want the columns to have fixed width is; they are for input fields (QTY, Item Number, Price, Total) in a purchase ordering forum. Once they get past a certain size the increase in size serves no purpose. The field that greater width would help is Item Description. Obviously the more width, the less height is needed, the more items on the screen etc…

That is a great suggestion about the minimum width container!

I will post my code as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks,

andrew_wilkerson
    Participant

My apologies for hijacking your thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.