Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css effects HELP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rs12owd

Hello to everybody.
    I need same help to implement a growing div. I would like the div to start with 0px and then grow to the effective size.
    In my page (www.inkstudio.pt/inkstudio.asp), I am trying to put my div id=”cntmddiv” growing. Is this possible? How can I do it?
    I am quite new with css effects so I ask you for some help or ideias.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Paulie_D

It depends on what effect you are trying to achieve. Are you suggesting that it will have opx height and then expand down or 0px width and then expand sideways.

You could do either with an animation but this is not supported in a lot of browsers. You could do it using Javascript but, again, it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

rs12owd

Thank you Paulie for your quick answer.
    I am trying to have it with 0px height and 0px width and then expand to the normal size.
    When you say this animation is not supportes in a lot of browsers is like CSS effects that the animation is not visible in IE but is visible in Google Chrome?

Paulie_D

Yes, IE does not support, as far as I know, animations. That means that you div would always be visible in IE.

Frankly, although it would look pretty it’s not something I would look to incorporate in a website unless there was an over-riding call for it.

rs12owd

Ok. Thank you again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.