Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] CSS Drop-down Menu Glitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    yougotkeith
    Participant

I’m new to the forum and new to CSS, so my question might seem a bit elementary but I’ve got a glitch on my main (top) menu where the rounded corners of my drop-down container flashes to unrounded whenever the mouse hovers over each <li> in the drop-down. One has to look close to see it, but it’s there.

Here is the site I’m working on: http://www.nexpointe.com/index.html

I just can’t seem to pin it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Sullivan
    Participant

You’re seeing that effect because you have your transition set to transition every attribute that is associated with the li. You should be able to fix it by targeting specific transitions you want, rather than doing a global “all”. Inspect it on your page, then shut off the transition effect or set it to 0 and you won’t see it any longer. :)

yougotkeith
    Participant

Thanks Paul. You were right about shutting off the transition. I went back to my stylesheet and changed all to opacity (which is what I was using the transition for) and it did not solve anything… although I think it should have. I actually have two transitions in that menu and have no idea why I did that.

I ended up just deleting them both since I’m thinking I just need to brush up a bit more on how transition work.

I probably would have never figured that out without just totally restyling the menu. Thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.