Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design CSS – Content / After / Before

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gentlemanlike82
    Participant

Hello Together,

i would like to add a Header to my existing Table with CSS and the command content:
    it worked allready, but i would like to add more then one Header. But i do have just after and before as an selektor.
    is there a posibillity to ad more then one line over an existing table just with css.

Code looks currently like this :
    .myCrosstab #CROSSTAB_1_ColumnHeaderArea_0:after {

content: "Year";
    position: absolute;
    top:3px;
    left:690px;

}

thank you for any hints ! to change the html code is not an option, the code will be generated through a programm.

Beverleyh
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand. Can you mock up a simple demo of the problem on CodePen to illustrate?

Gentlemanlike82
    Participant

I would like to add to an existing generated table some headers via CSS. I tried it with content and the reference for the table class. It worked in combination with ::after or ::before. but I could just add one header. I would like to add 4 header lines. I’m not able to change the html code, because this one will be generated, so I tried it with content and ::after and ::before for each

. It works also, but I could not get the inplemented text placed, where I want, it will disappear as soon as i move the content, it is just possible to display it with content directly in the given size of the any ideas?

it would be possible to add one new line for the first

of the table with :after but I could then just add one header. I’m not able to add more than one line with content and after.

well it is complicated to produce exact the same code, a lot of nested css from other files.
    just a suggestion,

1.) is there another way to put text over css into the page or is there another after selector or something like this ?
    2.) what could it be that the text will be invisible if i move it over the

?
    Beverleyh
    Participant

I’m not able to change the html code, because this one will be generated.

Have you tried looking in to JavaScript?

well it is complicated to produce exact the same code, a lot of nested css from other files.

You can use the developer console to inspect the code and extract only the parts that relate specifically to the table. F12 in most browsers.

It’s hard to decipher a description or your requirements – to be honest, I don’t understand your 2 questions at all. Things will be much easier if we can see the code you’re working with, and your attempts/fails, firsthand. Just a small mock-up of the table/header code you’ve tried, in CodePen, to clearly illustrate to us what the problem is.

Note that we don’t need your whole codebase. We only need to see the HTML and CSS relating to the table layout.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.