Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS container issue with IE11

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Casimir
    Participant

Greetings –

I’m working on a simple page concept, and I’ve run into something I simply can’t figure out. The page works flawlessly in Chrome or Firefox, but IE11 screws up the main content window container. The code for both the HTML page and the CSS file are here:

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/bwGxWg

I have tried everything I can think of to isolate the issue… I’ve commented out every element in the CSS file one at a time, I’ve used the IE11 compatibility mode, I’ve tried messing with the IE11 DOM Explorer… nothing works. I readily admit that I am not even sure what the problem is related to, which makes it even more difficult to seek answers for it (and the frustrating thing is that I’m sure it’s simple to fix).

The thing that’s really confused me is that the HTML and the CSS files are small and not involved at all… there’s nothing complex going on there, so this problem just doesn’t make sense to me.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Senff
    Participant

The <MAIN> element is not fully supported in IE11. Give it display:block and you should be all set.

Casimir
    Participant

Ahh – yes… clearly it’s been some time since I did any HTML/CSS coding. Once I changed them to a typical #tag and used

<

div> rather than trying to use them as embedded elements it worked perfectly.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.