Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Blogger CSS? Change color throughout blog?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hendrix940
    Participant

Is it possible to implement CSS into blogger that will change the highlighted color? I had to go through each blog post and manually adjust the color for neon green to blue. Is it possible to implement a css solution for the entire blog? Example: http://blog.simeonhendrix.com/2011/03/los-is-back.html

I already know in advance that WordPress kicks Bloggers butt. I agree, but I’ve been using blogger for 5 years almost and I don’t want to switch over b/c of losing google rankings.

Thanks for the help!

Paulie_D

Isn’t there an option in the Template – Advanced settings to change font colors for various text elements when you log in to Blogger?

There is in mine.

hendrix940
    Participant

Yes however, I manually changed the color on several words over 100+ posts.

Paulie_D

I manually changed the color on several words over 100+ posts.

My guess is that you added the font-color using inline CSS…a quick inspection using Develper Tools would seem to indicate that.

That being the case you would have to go back in and change them manually again.

Inline CSS will normally win any specificity battle. This is why it’s much more practical to use classes.

Paulie_D

The only think I can think of is to use JS somehow to cycle through all the posts on a one-time basis and swap out the specific HTML for an alternative.

Say, find this:

style="color:#33ff33;"

and replace it with

class="highlight"

The you can just create a highlight class which defines the color in the Template.

Unfortunately, that’s WAAAY beyond my skills.

Perhaps you might try asking the the JS section?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.