Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css chrome on a pc problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    erwin_m

I’ve a very strange problem. A site which I’m developing shows allright on safarie, firefox, opera and chrome on my mac. On my pc its shows only good in ie, firefox and opera and chrome are mixing up the css property margin. Anybody suggestions?

Senff
    Participant

Unless you give us a link to look at, the only suggestion I can give you is, well, to try and fix it for Chrome while not breaking for all the the other browsers.

erwin_m

Ok, here’s the link http://bit.ly/yRoAxI

The problem is that div#sixth hasn’t the right margin to the top. The distance should be the same as to the footer and to the menu. Div#sixth is the div where the slideshow is displayed.

Senff
    Participant

Get rid of the margins on #sixth and give it a float:left, and remove the 48px bottom margin of .hentry. Not sure if you had specific purposes for that (and hence, if that will make other things look verkeerd, but it will solve this particular problem.

erwin_m

The float:left did it, after adding that property and adjusting the margin, onlu ie is different, but that is as aspected. So nothing looks verkeerd anymore. Thanks!

Senff
    Participant

It’s fairly easy to fix the IE issue (it’s not really IE’s fault, it’s some funky margin coding you have). ;)

– Remove the 22px bottom margin from #content.
    – Remove the 48px bottom margin from .hentry.
    – Change the top margin for #sixth from -25px to 25px

I believe that should do it and make things look properly in all browsers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.