Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS css bugs in layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    blue642

Hello,

I am building a site for a coworker, which is giving me 2 problems in IE6/7 that need to be fixed…

http://tests.dingledoodle.com/marcos/site/about.php

On this about page, the content section gets all screwed up. it looks fine in firefox/safari/IE8 (I didn’t test chrome but it should look correct.)

Also the footer is screwed up in those browsers.

(the magic line will be removed in IE6.)

I am not sure where to start, please point me in the right direction if you can.

blue642

this wasn’t a doubled margin issue.

For some reason IE was treating the "bio-img" as block because it was forcing the bio down.. so I wrapped it in a div, and floated the image left.

Then I simply floated my two side by side sections opposite each other, one left and one right instead of both left…

I still need to fix the footer… margin-top of the #footer p is how I fixed it in the non IE browsers. Incresing it helped IE, but also affected the rest of the browsers, I guess having it a little higher isn;t too detrimental to the design though…

thanks.

This can be marked as solved.

virtual
    Participant

Then you need to use a conditional comment to fix the IE issue so it doesn’t affect the other browsers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.