Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS based flashcard style w/o Javascript or popups

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KindleGuy
    Participant

Is there any way to hide/unhide text with pure CSS without Javascript, JQuery etc.?

I’d like to mimic a flashcard app in an Kindle ebook (which is basically just a number of webpages). I.e. each HTML page should contain an answer on a hidden layer under the question text and be revealed when user clicks a link that links to the same HTML page.

The problems is that I cannot use mouse gestures to display text, because the Kindle doesn’t have one and all CSS properties that cause popup text to be displayed (e.g. mouseover) won’t work. (Kindles are webkit based ereaders that support CSS2.1 and some selected non-interactive HTML5/CSS3 elements.)

What I can do is position text using coordinates (most Kindles have a 600×800 pixel screen). But I cannot figure out how to overlap text and display text on a different layer.

Any ideas?

Paulie_D

Doubtful.

About the only thing I can think of would be a checkbox hack but even that’s likely not to work on a Kindle.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.