Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other CSS Background

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vanquisher

Hello Everyone,

I wrote this tutorial for beginners. Please see the link below.

http://www.articlefield.com/11122/css-background/

Your feedback is important.

Thank You

AndreClark99
    Participant

Good tutorial for SCC background.That is definitely helpful to beginners as you have mentioned.The points which I want to add for making effective CSS background are:
    Organize your CSS-styles, making a table of contents
    Hook, line, and sinker
    Keep selectors to a minimum
    Use a common naming system
    Learn to exploit the cascading nature of CSS

Hedison

Useful tutorial especially for beginners. Would be even better to teach them how to use external style sheets so they can apply the same style sheet to all the pages on the website

drewgrantt1

Nice tutorial for Beginners. I will also use it to solve some doubts. Usually I am not creating CSS style sheet. I am using ASP.net and created too many themes…

Melle

Hi vanquisher,

Looks like a nice tutorial for beginners, though there are a few things I miss…

• It’s very unclear what values you can use for the background-color property.[/*:m]
    • It would maybe be nice to show that you can use both the background-color and background-image properties, and that when you do so, the background-image will always be shown on top of the background-color.[/*:m]
    • When you talk about the background-position property.. you only give one example: background-position:right;! This could make it very confusing, because a beginner will probably know there are more values (like top, bottom, left, center) you can define and combine those.[/*:m]
    • You tell something about all the background properties except the shorthand property background which would reduce length of the code.[/*:m][/list:u]

so… this may be good for a follow up article. It’s a good article to understand some of the basics of working with background properties, but it doesn’t shows you how you can use it yourself, I believe.

~M

mdraja

nice tutorial about CSS, thank you very much..

WuanLink

Thanks for ur tutorial
    i think it’s really useful for beginner as me

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.