Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS CSS and Iframes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So Im trying to make a site that links to http://walk.jog.fm/workout-songs/at/233/bpm but its in an iframe, and im trying to edit out the #menu so that it makes it a little cleaner. The only problem is that jog.fm isnt my site, so i cant edit the css from the site, and i was wondering is there anyway to link the site (iframe or another way) but to still be able to edit the css?

vegetables

So you essentially want to hide another website’s logo? Sounds kind of shady to me.

TT_Mark

No…because that would be stealing….

Participant

thats fair, now that i think of it, it would kinda be stealing. ok i wont do it. but just to know. I dont want to know how but is there a way?

vegetables

Nope. Not if your page is on a different domain.

Participant

ok cool thanks. anyone know how they are able to find out the tempo of all there songs?

TT_Mark

Technically there may actually be a way to grab the page and alter the CSS using PHP, but I’m not going to explain how because, like I said, it is stealing.

If you want to use their data, then talk to them!

Do you have an API?

Not yet. We’re considering opening our data for API purposes in the future, but have no immediate plans to do so. However, if you are interested, please let us know and we’ll try to accommodate you.”

mshort1985

Mark has the best advice, just talk to them, they may let you do it as long as you agree to put some sort of note on your site citing where you got the information from and put a link to their page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.