Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [SOLVED] Cross-Browser Positioning Mystery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    xtiana
    Participant

I’m working on a site that’s supposed to launch today, but for some reason the CSS header positioning is working differently on my screen – in the exact same version of Chrome – than it is for my boss and other people in the office. Originally I had set the header to have an absolute position of top: 0px, and all was well on my end – but then I had to adjust the position downward a bit for Firefox and IE. I’m making kind of a mess with browser-specific adjustments now, trying to get all of that moved around just right for each browser.

The first thing I’m wondering is, how could things be different on my “version” of Chrome (I’ve also tested on my home laptop with no problems)? If I can’t replicate what others are seeing, I’m hesitant even to fix it, if others see what I see. I get the feeling that the positioning is just off overall, and the adjustments I made for IE and Firefox needed to be made across the board. I’m just having a tough time troubleshooting since my own program is doing something different. Ideally, I’d like to find a way to set the positioning properly so my boss and I both see the same thing in Chrome (as well as Firefox and IE).

The test site is here: http://uwajimaya-merchants.org/2016

Current mess of CSS is here: http://codepen.io/xiana/pen/bpPGKd

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Christiana

xtiana
    Participant

Oh boy, I guess this is resolved; I had cleared cache/cookies, even rebooted, but after another round of that just now, I’m (yay?) having the same issues as everyone else with Chrome. At least now I can troubleshoot properly.

I’m fired from the internet now. Hope this somehow helps someone later if a similar problem comes up…when in doubt, clear the stupid cache and cookies AGAIN!

Thanks a bunch,
    Christiana

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.