Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique/help me with design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wragen22

Hi everyone,
    I’ve got a working version of a little project I’ve been working on. Thanks to many of you, your contributions have really spring-boarded me into designing this.

I feel stuck at the moment. There are a few things going on that I don’t like.
    1) the left grid for the numbers is not lining up to the bottom of each header. Mainly due to the fact that each font header is not really the same size. Even though they are all specified as an h1 size.

2) The jquery isn’t quite how I want it…

3) Text alignment. again.

4) the header logo

Much thanks.

http://jamilopitts.com/kirby/

chrisburton
    Participant

@wragen I honestly like James’s script logo. Have you tried testing that for the logo or does he not want that?

Hmm. Since the font-size does not produce the same cap height for each typeface, you might have to tweak each numeral to line up horizontally centered.

I have noticed a slow loading time when visiting the page. I’m betting that’s due to the jQuery. Since I’m not familiar with jQuery that much, not sure I can help you here.

chrisburton
    Participant

@JamesMD Why would you use a div rather than a span?

wragen22

Cool. Thanks for the feedback guys. @chrisburton has been a huge help in my learning process.

Ya… still tweaking the jquery.

David_Leitch
    Participant

Just a quick note:

When I visited the page, I initially didn’t realise that clicking on the different fonts would expand that area and give more information. Perhaps you should have some sort of visual cue that clicking on the area will bring up more info? Maybe a subtle hover colour or even just ‘click for further information’.

I really like the styling when you do click on them, though :)

wragen22

@JamesMD currently the upon clicking you’ll see the right column of text does not animate synchronously with the left paragraph text.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.