Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique this design :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    notfilc

Hey Guys,

I’ve been playing around with a little responsive design:

http://notfilc.eu/oxweb/

What do you feel about the general layout/colour scheme?

Also struggling with a good style for that nav bar so if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

Paulie_D

it seems to be based on Skeleton and I don’t know that much about it…how much have you changed it?

notfilc

Skeleton is just a css framework, there is no default style so all of that is custom. Skeleton is simply a grid so don’t worry too much about that.

Paulie_D

Then all I have to say is…..it’s pretty basic.

Layout seems fine but that depends on what content will be required and the type of site it will support (corporate, personal, Small bus, whatever)

Colours…it’s monochromatic at the moment (basically)…again, the content/site type will determine whether it’s appropriate.

notfilc

It’s going to be a corporate type site – any suggestions for possible places to add colour or how to style the links is appreciated.

Paulie_D

My suggestion would be to look at some of the templates that are out there for corporate sites and think in those terms.

Every client’s requirements are going to be different, of course, but for the most part, the corporates (I can tell you) all want much the same.

The colours, I would assume would be driven by the palette provided by the client..

notfilc

This isn’t for any client at the moment, and probably will never be. It’s simply some messing around/testing, so any further opinions/suggestions are appreciated.

GAtkins
    notfilc

Any other comments?

notfilc

Thanks, was thinking of implementing that. Read an interesting article last week about the best way to symbolise that sort of menu, seems as though three horizontal lines is becoming the standard.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.