Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Critique on homepage

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marc2412
    Participant

Hey there,

My website: website

First impression when you look at it? (Homepage only)

Pages/links dont work yet, to the right the language switcher works.
    Once you click on the english flag it takes you to the english version of the website.

Please let me know if it sucks or not and if some things need changing.

Thanks!

All text on the homepage is as a test!

Nikhil Vimal
    Participant

Couple recommendations:

• a lighter background behind the text, the grey seems to be a bit dark, would look better just a bit of a brighter grey.
    • incorporate some colors of your logo into your website, may the links be yellow or something of the sort?

Other than that, it looks pretty good!

nixnerd
    Participant

I gotta second Nikhil on the lighter background. The following is just my opinion:

Have you ever been to a really rich person’s home? Hell… maybe you are really rich and I’m talking about your home. Anyway… the few times I’ve been in a multi-millionaire’s home, I noticed something: All their walls were a shade of white and their color came from art. They might have a decorated dining room or an accent wall… but for the most part it’s white walls that draw attention to their expensive art collection.

For the most part, I try to apply this in web design. I do love me a sleek white or off-white background. I think the contrast makes for a REALLY high-end look. But, it’s really not so much about the color as it is the implementation. A background should be unobtrusive and aid you in drawing attention to the content. Black backgrounds suck the life out of a user and are very hard on the eyes IMHO.

I would stick with a less noticeable background color… which will probably mean lighter.

Marc2412
    Participant

Ty guys,

So NIX, what colour would you give the header, sub-header(behind slideshow) and body background?

Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.