Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Feedback on a concept/idea

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jerba
    Participant

Earlier today I was mentally designing a new personal website/portfolio and I guess I had an interesting idea. As a designer I like to show that I’m good at what I do by creating unique designs and adding unique content. So, anyway, the idea I came up with probably isn’t too unique I assume it’s been done before possibly several times and it is to allow somewhat of a role reversal to the user viewing the site giving them the opportunity to redesign my site a little.

So, in an example such as the site below the user would be able to move the elements around the page using their cursor and re-position all elements of the page.

Now, a few things I wanted a bit of feedback on:
    #1, I do intend to have the users edit save, now do I save the positions as cookies and just have the elements load in the position in which the specific user left them previously or should I save them server sided and have who ever last edit the page be the default until someone comes along and changes it. Which do you think would be the best idea?

#2, Do you think that if I were to do this should I allow addition of text fields for editors to write their name for example, however, heavily censoring preventing cussing etc…

Marc2412
    Participant

#1 Save the positions as cookies and have the elements load in the position in which the specific user left them previously – with the other option people could mess around while someone else just made something nice and wishes he could save it like that (if you get what I mean)

#2 for option 1, no, option 2, yes. Being able to chat and have a ‘playful’ website would be nice imo in which case option 2 from #1 would be nice aswell.. hm..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.