Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Critique my preliminary layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ColdToast

Hello guys,

This is my first post on this discussion board but seems like you guys are great at this sort of thing.
    My layout is posted here in a preliminary state. Link to JsFiddle

I would like those 4 boxed areas on the bottom of the page to be a set height and to be in that general location. This is for a client I’m currently working with. Colors are obviously just for formatting (visual help) purposes.

Is there perhaps a better way to acheive what I’m going for here without having to have so many containers? Is my HTML clean and clear enough to follow?

Thanks in advance!

rickylamerz

I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to do with the form?

Furthermore I think you should mock up your design in a visual program like Photoshop before starting to code it…

TheDoc

I don’t think you really need to be absolutely positioning those items, especially as the fixed height may hurt you in the long run.

ColdToast

@rickylamerz This screen is for displaying information about the selected form… I dont have access to photoshop so I use what I know :)

@TheDoc
    Is there a better way, more efficient way to ensure that those boxes are 2×2 and have some separation? With them being fixed, I assume in the long run if I needed to add or expand those boxes that is where the pain will come in?

Thanks for the responses!

TheDoc

Exactly.

As long as they have the same width, they will always be in the 2×2 formation. You could do something like this:

http://jsfiddle.net/cg9up/1/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.