Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Critique my new site’s usability

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    barkins

Just launched my new photo collection site, http://www.yourtrait.com

Please give me some feedback on its usability. I was going for something simple and straightforward.

Thanks in advance.

furrball1383

well i liked that it was simple in choice of colors etc so it didn’t detract from the pictures, the only thing i had a hard time with was the back and next buttons, for one thing they keep juggling position. Before the picture loads in they’re at the top, then when the picture loads in they shoot down. Also they are at different places depending on the size of the picture, so i had to play a game of chase the button :P other than that, its a good site!

barkins

Thanks very much for the feedback.

brainbox

I like it, it’s pretty simple, you can load the page and just get on with looking at desks (if that’s what floats your boat!)

stevendeeds

i like it. i think i’ll ‘snap’ my desk and upload it :3

Billy
    Participant

Very nice.
    The only thing is that with the page having to reload for every picture it slows navigation, but I don’t know any other way to have separate comments for each picture, unless you use “jQuery Anything Slider” on both – if that works.

deadlow

I like it, gonna throw a shot of my desk on…

barkins

Thanks everyone!

And thanks for submitting your photos.

I think it’s pretty interesting to see how people organize their work space and how different they all can be.

chrisburton
    Participant

Cool man. I remember when multiple blogs were showing off the “top designers” workstations. In fact, there is a website just like this but can’t seem to find it.

barkins

I actually had a very similar site like yourtrait.com over a decade that had relatively small success.

This was before I knew anything about web design, php, etc. and had a hard time managing everything. Now, with the wonders of WordPress, I’ve decided to give it another go.

Reminds me of Deskography

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.