Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Creating & sending HTML email tutorial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jhatter

I followed Chris’s brilliant tutorial on "#30 Creating & sending HTML email tutorial" which inspired me to have a go at my own project.

I completed my task, but the effect and colours vary depending on browser/mail client I view my work in. Is there anyone willing to help with the following problem (not exactly a CSS problem, I know):

I have a jpg, sliced and saved in in photoshop. The background is grey #666666. This sits next to an html table, which I have coloured up in my html code as #666666.

When I paste & preview in Thunderbird before sending it everything looks fine. However depending on mail client/browser I view it in, I get different greys showing for these two items. For example it looks good in Thunderbird and Firefox, but no good in Mail & Safari. If it weren’t for the fact that they were sitting side-by-side it wouldn’t be a problem.

jhatter

Thank you for your quick response – don’t have the time to look at it right now. Hopefully this will solve my problem! :)

jhatter

Yep that sorted the problem thanks!

I did another tutorial a short while ago from a trusted source which totally contradicted the suggestion from the viget site

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/new_media/pixel_perfect_web_layouts

so with these settings in place I was getting the bad colour.

Thanks for your help :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.