Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End creating home page with loop, as well as secondary blog page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ranger

Okay, so what I have now is a home.php that contains post excerpts in the middle div.
    Now, what I want is a link (the daily dose) that takes me to another page with the posts again, but the layout will be slightly different. Right now I have the index.php set up how I would like this "daily dose" page to be,

but how do I link to the index.html when I have a home.php that defaults as the home page (which is fine).

i’ve tried creating a custom page template, but it seems that pages do not display the loop in the template.
    I know how to create a "static" front page, but I want a front or home page with the loop, and another page that is just the blog. make sense?

if you can point me in the right direction of how to go about doing this, that would be appreciated.
    hopefully i’ve been clear enough with my intentions/problem.
    thanks

the site i’m working on: (don’t mind the colours, testing purposes only)
    http://www.wasatchendocrinology.com

Ranger

Finally found a solution;
    I kept the index.php as home, then created a custome page template that included the loop, and more importantly, this little bit of code

Code:

above the

Code:

and that made the difference.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.