Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other creating divs in WordPress content editor?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    benjammin
    Participant

I’m fairly new at WordPress and as much as I would like to buy your book Chris, right at this time I want to know how to achieve this one thing. Maybe there’s a succinct chapter or section in your Digging in WP book that shows me this?

I have a full-width page in WordPress that I want to put four columns (divs, not tables) in where I can then go into the WP content editor and add content with ul, li. I know how to use ul, li, etc, and css to style what I want. What I don’t know is how to make these four divs to float side by side? I can make one nested inside another but when I try to make it two nested in one div then the second nested div (floated: right) gets pushed out. So, it tells me something more advanced is needed with WP? I know how to work with floats pretty well in static sites.

Do I need to go about this with the php page for it, using html in the php? I am not this advanced yet, but I’m thinking it’s probably not that hard to code the structure to get the four divs side by side. I can take care of all the styling, margins, padding, etc once I get this basic page structure set up.

Can you direct me to the best resource or share with how to do this? I don’t want to get into a full-on course or have to pour through an entire book of instruction on this at the moment, I’m looking to learn how to do this one thing.

TheDoc

Use ‘Advanced Custom Fields’ plugin to create four separate WYSIWYG areas on the page in question.

benjammin
    Participant

Advanced Custom Fields is having some issues right now with WP 3.3. It’s not a solution right now, and the creator of the plugin won’t be back from vacation until January 20th.

Any other suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.