Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other creating a time limit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nutt318

This maybe sort of a dumb question but is there a way to create a timer of some sort in WordPress? Anyways I soon may have a client that wants a web-page with a video stream embedded into it. That’s easy, I know how to do that and the type of software, etc. that I will need. This client runs a children’s daycare.

My problem is they want to have the children’s parents be able to login to their website and view a live cam and watch their kids play. The part I can’t figure out is they want a time limit say of 2 minutes that a parent can watch every hour. So, how would I go about setting up a feature to limit the time they can watch a video feed? Is this even possible? I mean if they were to look at the source of the page im sure they could see the feed location.

Any suggestions are helpful.
    Thanks,
    Jake

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

Okay i’ve got a kinda simple yet unique method.

To allow the parents to actually view the video, make them click a button. Then, using Javascript, time that button for two minutes, then an alert will come up, which you can then redirect to a page explaining their time is up.
    JS:

Code:

and then the HTML:

<form>
    <input type="button" value="Time limit!"
    onClick="timedMsg()" />
    </form>

then you can use another delay of 60mins to wait for the other two minutes.

I know i’m kinda "noob-ish" but it is a very simple way.

:D

Arjun

nutt318

Very nice Arjun, thanks for the help. As long as it works, it will be great. Thanks for the example.

Thanks,
    Jake

arjunvasudeva
    Participant

no problem :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.