Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Creating a Navbar Questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    TKW227

First and foremost, I would like to say that I am aware of the plethora of tutorials regarding navbars on the internet. That being said, I have yet to find one (although, like I said, I’m sure it’s out there somewhere) that covers the sort of navbar I’m attempting to create. Here is my situation:

I am trying to create a navbar that will look something like this when it’s finished:

http://gyazo.com/8001a53a41a48f40ef3a6d72a3fe69dd

Each button has been sliced and is saved as its own button, as well as a rollover image which provides a grey background behind it.

I know how to simply add the buttons and link them to a page, but I’m not sure how to place the background design behind the buttons.

Paulie_D

>Each button has been sliced and is saved as its own button, as well as a rollover image which provides a grey background behind it.

Generally, I think I am safe in saying “We don’t do it that way any more”.

I’m not saying it’s not a valid option but I would try to do it without images if you can, at least as much as possible. It makes for greater flexibility if you need to update the menu.

As for the bg design, you could apply that to the menu `ul` rather than the `li` or `a` tags.

Or look into ‘Sprite’ menus.

I would like to see the hover state image. The menu doesn’t look **that** hard to do in CSS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.