Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Create Inner Content Area Semi Transparent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sargcity6
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can make the inner content area of my woo theme semi transparent so I can place a background image behind it. New to a computer as of a week ago…need detailed instructions. Willing to pay if someone offers service on Fiverr. Slowly learning. Using a woo theme because i need free woo commerce. I know, I’m a basket case!

Paulie_D

If you have access to the CSS then you can set a transparent bg colour on the inner content area using RGBA values.

Like this: http://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/AkdfE

sargcity6
    Participant

Where do i put the html code? Can I put the css code into the custom css file? or the style file?

sargcity6
    Participant

I put the CSS into my custom area. I get all the coding to work except the transparency? Is there something I can tweak?

Paulie_D

I don’t know anything about woo themes…you would have to identify the appropriate element to apply the bg color to; the HTML i gave you was just an example.

If you can style their elements using custom.css ( and I have no idea if that’s the right file) then that’s where you would put it.

Do you have a link we could look at?

sargcity6
    Participant

http://highandheavyoutfitters.com/

Please do. I just want all that white part in the middle to be semi transparent so you can see the wood behind it.

Paulie_D

Looks like you can just apply that bg color to <body>…that will get you most of the way.

sargcity6
    Participant

any idea how to get to the body?

Paulie_D

Not specifically…you’ll just have to find the body declaration in whichever stylesheet you are using and add the background property in there.

If you can’t find it…just declare it on whatever stylesheet you can find.

If the stylesheet is coming from ‘Woo’ you may just be out of luck.

sargcity6
    Participant

I figured it out! It only took me two weeks!

I have another question? If you take a look at my link again, is there a way to put a logo in there that will sit on top of all the current fields instead of push the slider down to make room for it…kind of like overlaying?

Right now I just have the website text name there, but want to replace that with an image. Its just when I do, it pushed it all down.

Thanks a million for the help so far!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.