Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Correctly setting the height of row of elements

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    geotheory
    Participant

I am having difficulty setting the height of a row of header elements. The row contains a logo image and a dynamic SVG animation created by D3. At present the row is about twice as tall as the elements it contains. I’ve spend about 2 hours testing all combinations of css I can think of (height: 200px etc) but nothing works. I’d be grateful if someone could have a look at the page and tell me what I’m missing.

This is the page

A second query is why in Explorer the image and svg elements display on separate lines. Does Explorer require another dedicated setting?

Many thanks in advance!

wolfcry911
    Participant

just remove all the inline height attributes (I found at least 5 of them declaring 200px height).

what are you using to build the page? There’s an awful lot going on in the source for very little.

geotheory
    Participant

Hi there, thanks for getting back to me. I added all those to try and limit the height. I’ve now removed them all but as you can see they were having no effect: http://www.mechanicity.info/a-test-page/

geotheory
    Participant

I do believe you’ve identified my problem. I forgot about that setting as it was part of the original D3 model. Thank you to both of you :)

Don’t suppose you know why it still plots across two rows in Explorer as opposed to side-by-side in other browsers?

wolfcry911
    Participant

which IE?

geotheory
    Participant

Well I’m on IE10. Do you generally bother testing against earlier versions?

geotheory
    Participant

I’m wondering if its linked to the gap between the SVG model and the img logo (which I can’t seem to close), although of course that doesn’t explain why IE behaves differently..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.