Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other [Solved] Converting to liquid/adaptive/responsive layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ConnorrCSS
    Participant

I am currently in the process of developing a site for an upcoming hardware and pc store. I believe i have the code at a necessary state to start converting it to a liquid site, what I mean by this is make it so that the design will look the same on all desktop and tablet resolutions, I don’t need to worry about mobiles since I am also currently in the process of creating a seperate app for that.

If anyone could help me with converting the base site to an adaptive layout that would be great, I have uploaded the code to pastebin for all to view as needed (html & css). The links are below.

HTML Code (http://pastebin.com/Jg4rJ6Ri)
    CSS Code (http://pastebin.com/StzUMh8c)

Thanks In Advance,
    -Connor.

Paulie_D

If anyone could help me with converting the base site to an adaptive layout that would be great

Not sure what you are asking here.

General tips can be found anywhere but active and detailed help on this broad subject is not something you would normally find here.

For the level of help I think you will require…you should hire someone.

Chris House
    Participant

I doubt anyone is going to completely remake your site for you, but here are a few key things to look for in your research:

-Using percentages instead of fixed-widths – that’s the most basic key to “fluidity”.

-CSS media queries – these are the key to responsiveness.

-Run your site in the browser and resize it down until things start to break. Note the width at which things start looking bad and use that as your breakpoint in your media query.

ConnorrCSS
    Participant

Thanks for the help, generally these were the kind of answers I was looking for so thanks for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.