Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS converting a fixed width layout to a responsive – mobile site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    devouk

hi all
    i am still quite a newbie to web based programming but after starting a project of a old design from fearless flyer (template / demo http://clam.fearlessflyer.com/) i now been using wordpress and shoestrap as a basic responsive theme and tried to see if i could convert it

the biggest thing is the wrapper and columns and the background images to give the three line box

now to make it responsive / fluid you can not use a fixed width image to produce the columns so how do you tackle something like this or is this style of site dead with responsive design

the idea of making this mobile friendly what problems could this cause

this is more of a discussion and techniques and trying to work out if a different design needs to be used

many thanks

devo

Paulie_D

It’s not impossible to use the specific images depending on how well they scale up.

Frankly, I think you could get close just by using CSS box-shadow etc properties rather than the the image if you wanted to go responsive.

>shoestrap

Is that something new or do you mean Twitter Bootstrap?

devouk

shoestrap (www.shoestrap.org) is a gnu branch of roots theme and that being based on boostrap, but it seemed simpler and more major branch updates rather than minor as with the roots theme.

shoestrap has focused on making a lot simpler and with some fast site start stuff and a bit easier to read the code :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.