Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Convert images to Base64 Without using HTML5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jrivas
    Participant

I have been looking everywhere for a way that I can do this.
    before anything I must explain that the reason that I cant use HTML5 for this. is that some clients are not able to get HTML5 Browsers and whatever I make has to be compatible even with the Legacy Browsers.

Having said that. I need to find a way that the user can upload an image and submitted to the server already as a base64. without having to make an extra trip to a server because that just defeats the purpose.
    This roadblock has got me thinking too. how was it done before HTML5. because everywhere I look people seem to be at lost with this question.
    Thanks for any feedback

Paulie_D

>how was it done before HTML5. because everywhere I look people seem to be at lost with this question.

I don’t recall anyone asking this before so I suspect it isn’t quite the burning issue that you think it is.

As far as I know, very few people were actually using B64 images but perhaps your information is different.

https://css-tricks.com/data-uris/

chrisburton
    Participant

Why does it have to be initially base64 encoded on upload? Why can’t the user upload the image and use PHP to encode it?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.