Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Contributors Designed Areas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    thinkofmedia

How easy is it to implement an designed area on WordPress for a user / contributor.

Meaning they would all have their own dedicated section etc like the attached pic. (My Account section on the page)

This section will keep track of pictures, habits, articles.

Is there a plugin which could help or how would I approach this.

JohnM

If you rephrase your question it may be possible to answer it. The question is to general to give any good answer.

thinkofmedia

What I’m after is a author dedicated page which collects onsite emails between members. Plus lets me add some other information like a makeup guide for the month. Pictures, purchase history, special offers.

So a section designed within the site to its members/users.

vincent

I know wp-commerce has a thing that keeps track of user’s purchases. I don’t know about the rest, nor do I know how you would just get that piece.

thinkofmedia

I’ve explored some elements.

I found some plug ins relating to role manager and custom fields. So hopefully if I take apart wp-ecommerce might be possible.

If not I might try and integrate Prestashop into WordPress.

JohnM
    "thinkofmedia" wrote:
    What I’m after is a author dedicated page which collects onsite emails between members. Plus lets me add some other information like a makeup guide for the month. Pictures, purchase history, special offers.

So a section designed within the site to its members/users.

I still dont get your question.

Author dedicated page = a page for a specific author ? An author page ?
    Onsite emails between members ? = You want to publish email conversation ?

The right tool for you might be BuddyPress combined with some ecommerce module.

http://wordpress.org/showcase/flavor/buddypress/
    http://buddypress.org/

Quote:
    BuddyPress is a suite of WordPress plugins and themes, each adding a distinct new feature. BuddyPress contains all the features you’d expect from WordPress but aims to let members socially interact.
    thinkofmedia

Hi John

What it would be is for every member that signs up they can interact with each other. But also store information about themselves and plan make up ideas, clothing etc.

But this would be in there own section on the site. But showing articles etc around it.

JohnM

BuddyPress will do what you want.

Check: http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/members/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.