The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Content spanning screen width

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #169958

    Hi All. First post here. I’m trying to get my page to span the entire width of the screen. Currently my page spans about 95% of the width of the screen, then all content (header, main content, footer, etc) stops and the body background color displays for the remaining 5% (until the edge of the screen). When I do an inspect element on the page, I see that the element:

    body class="home page page-id-2 page-template-default logged-in admin-bar no-customize-support header-image footer-widgets grid"

    Spans the entire width of the screen (without any padding or margin). The line immediately after:

    <div id="page" class="hfeed site">

    Is identical, except the right-most 5% of the screen is shaded as margin. I would imagine this is the element I need to edit?

    If I view the Styles of that element, there is an entry:

    .site {
    background-color: #fff;
    max-width: 1260px;
    position: relative;

    If I change that max-width to something higher than 1366 (my current screen resolution), the 5% right-most margin disappears. But when I copy the above code and insert it at the very end of my style.css, the margin remains. What am I doing wrong? I would like a CSS entry to replicate the max-width edit I am making within inspect element.

    Thanks in advance.

    Edit: typos


    Could be several things, … one can only speculate, can you give a link to the site?


    Thanks. I resolved the issue. It was either user error or failing to clear my browser cache. In the future I’ll make sure to give a link to my site.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.