Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Content showing in sidebar and not “main content area”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kralle
    Participant

Hello.

I’m making a (more or less static) website in WordPress, where I have a horizontal menu showing all the parent pages. I have a few subpages connected as children to one of the parent pages. The links to the subpages are showing in the sidebar.php using the following code:

$children = wp_list_pages('title_li=&child_of='.$post->ID.'&echo=0');
    if ($children) { ?>

But when I click on one of those links, the design is a mess. The content shows up in the sidebar. So here is my question: Can I make the content of the links in the sidebar show up in the “main content area” – if so, how?

And one more question: When I add a page as a child to a parent page, it’s showing in the main horizontal menu, messing up the design – is it possible to exclude the title of this child page in the main menu, but still keep the listing in the sidebar (when the parent page with children is selected?

I really hope I can get some answers.

Thanks in advance,
    Kralle

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I would just start by running your code through the validator, it will help you pick up on anything that isn’t closed, like a div for example.

Then I would have a run through some tutorials – your questions are pretty huge and have many answers/outcomes because there are many things that can be causing the problems :)

It might just be easier if you are able to familiarise yourself with WP again :D

Kralle
    Participant

I know it’s a huge question, but you’re right. I should get to know WordPress a little better before I jump into something this “big”. It’s too much for a guy at my level. I think I’ll start by making a few custom templates and link to the instead of making it all “automatic”.

Thanks for your suggestion, sir. :-)

EDIT: I added [SOLVED] to the title, so people won’t come with suggestions I’m not ready for yet.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

No probs – there are some excellent tutorials around on CSS Tricks and Chris’ other site http://digwp.com/ – also there are plenty on the http://net.tutsplus.com/ site :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.